Hoi An cuisine is always a “paper-consuming” topic of many travel bloggers because of its diversity and uniqueness. The dishes here are delicious, simple and traditional, but very cheap. Immediately save the most special dishes for your Hoi An trip.
1. Hoi An cuisine features
Hoi An cuisine is extremely rich and diverse, but they all have their own characteristics of the central coast. In Hoi An’s specialty dishes, diverse ingredients are used from the mountains, the plains and the sea.
In addition to traditional dishes, we always encounter Chinese and Western-style dishes when coming to Hoi An.
If you are a person who loves to travel and often learns about Hoi An, you will find that the layout of the food here is very simple, still traditional: rustic, rustic. The owners of the restaurant or serving food here are also very simple and friendly. Therefore, when enjoying delicious dishes in Hoi An, you will always feel comfortable.
One of the typical dishes in Hoi An is Quang noodles. Coming to Hoi An, you can see Quang noodles sold everywhere, it’s not difficult for you to get a super attractive bowl of “anti-hunger” noodles after walking around Hoi An.
2. Pocket 9 delicious dishes – the essence of Hoi An cuisine
What to eat in Hoi An? The eternal question of visitors every occasion to travel here. Although Hoi An cuisine is very rich, with many famous specialties, perhaps the following 9 delicious dishes are dishes that you should not miss:
2.1. Hoi An Cao Lau
Referring to Hoi An, it is impossible not to mention the specialty of Cao Lau. A dish associated with Hoi An has a very strange name with a unique taste. Cao Lau is actually a noodle dish mixed from flour with ashes of Melaleuca firewood, so the noodles are bright yellow, big, and soft. The soft noodles combined with shrimp, pork, char siu, raw vegetables….have brought a typical Cao Lau dish only in Hoi An.
If you go to Hoi An eating places, it will not be difficult for you to enjoy this specialty dish. However, there are a few suggestions for the best restaurant for you:
- Cao Lau Thanh restaurant at 26 Thai Phien, Minh An ward, Hoi An, Quang Nam with price: 15,000 – 33,000 VND.
- Cao Lau Lien shop at 120 Tran Cao Van, Minh An ward, Hoi An, Quang Nam with price: 20,000 – 30,000 VND. Hoi An Ba Be restaurant at 19 Tran Phu, Cam Chau, Hoi An, Quang Nam with price: 20,000 – 44,000 VND
- Hoi An Ba Be restaurant at 19 Tran Phu, Cam Chau, Hoi An, Quang Nam with price: 20,000 – 44,000 VND
2.2. Wet cake with grilled meat
Wet cake with grilled meat is also one of the favorite dishes in Hoi An. Soft wet cake served with grilled meat is extremely delicious and easy to eat, suitable for breakfast or snacks. If you travel to Hoi An for a long time and want to change your taste, this is the right choice.
To enjoy this delicious dish, you can refer to the following restaurants:
- Ms. Vien’s grilled meat skewers shop on the sidewalk of Kazik Park, 138 Tran Phu, Hoi An costs from 5,000 to 50,000 VND; The shop is usually open from 03:00 pm to 09:00 pm.
- Ba Huong’s heirloom shop at 31 Tieu La; Prices from 6,000 – 30,000 VND and is open from 05:00 pm to 09:00 pm.
- Ba Le Well Restaurant at 51 Tran Hung Dao, Minh An, Hoi An; price from 15,000 – 45,000 VND and open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
2.3. Hoi An Quang Noodles
At the top of Hoi An cuisine is Quang noodles. This is one of our favorite dishes. The big bowl of Quang noodles is filled with tough noodles, combined with grilled meat, char siu, and raw vegetables… to relieve hunger after a whole day out.
Compared to other places, Quang Hoi An noodles have larger fibers and more diverse toppings. Therefore, anyone who comes to Hoi An must definitely enjoy a bowl of Quang noodles before leaving.
Some of the best-reviewed Quang Hoi An noodle shops:
- Ong Hai Hoi An Quang Noodles at 6A Truong Minh Luong, City. Hoi An, Quang Nam with prices from 15,000 – 40,000 VND and open from 07:30 am to 09:00 pm.
- Quang Di Sing Noodles at 4 Phan Chau Trinh, City. Hoi An, Quang Nam is open from 08:00 am – 10:00 pm and the price is only from 15,000 – 25,000 VND
- Quang Ba Minh Hoi An noodles on Cam Ha street cost 25,000 – 50,000 VND and are open from 07:00 am to 09:00 pm.
2.4. Gio noodles
In the list of Da Nang cuisine, Hoi An has a noodle dish that is reviewed by many tourists. Everyone says that Hoi An vermicelli is very different, the noodles are very big and firm, the broth is just mouth-watering. You can choose this dish to have dinner in Hoi An before setting off.
- The best-reviewed Hoi An vermicelli restaurant is the Hoi An Bun restaurant at 99 Nguyen Truong To, which costs VND 30,000 and is open from noon to night.
2.5. Hoi An grilled pork vermicelli
According to Food Reviews, anyone who has set foot in Hoi An food court must definitely enjoy the grilled meat vermicelli here. This is one of the dishes on the list of Hoi An cuisine that many people love. The vermicelli is seasoned with rich flavor and rich sauce served with wild vegetables.
To enjoy this dish, you can find some of the following places:
- Co Bay grilled meat vermicelli – Hoi An market is only 30,000 VND / serving, open from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm.
- Ty Ty restaurant on Hai Ba Trung Street (Next to Tam Quan Ba Mu Pagoda) for 45,000 VND/person and open from 07:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Grilled pork vermicelli at 01 Hoang Van Thu, priced at only 15,000 VND / serving and open from 04:00 pm to 09:00 pm.
2.6. Hoi An Chicken Rice
Among the dishes in Hoi An, perhaps chicken rice is the most special dish. Although now, everywhere can eat this dish, but really only Hoi An brings such an unforgettable taste. The rice is golden and fragrant, along with pieces of golden chicken, served with mannequins and vegetables. Just a plate of chicken rice will make you full all day and keep the taste of Hoi An cuisine when you come home.
Because it is a famous specialty dish, when you step into the old town, you can see many delicious restaurants.
However, there are some original shops made by Hoi An people for your reference:
- Ba Buoi chicken rice at 22 Phan Chu Trinh costs from 20,000 – 45,000 VND, open from 10:30 am -02:00 pm and 05:00 pm – 08:00 pm.
- Hoi An chicken rice at 47/2 Tran Hung Dao is priced from 25,000 – 50,000 VND, open from 12:30 pm to 08:00 pm.
- Ba Thuan chicken rice at 17/4 Hai Ba Trung has anything from 20,000 – 45,000 VND, open from 12:00 pm – 07:30 pm.
2.7. Hoi An pancakes
If you want to snack, what to eat in Hoi An? The answer cannot be more convincing than Hoi An pancakes. Walking around the old town in the afternoon and then stopping at a street vendor to enjoy hot, fragrant pancakes, there’s nothing better. While eating and chatting with the cake seller, I heard many interesting things about the people here.
Want to enjoy delicious pancakes, you can visit some of these places:
- Hoai river pancakes at 59/32, 18 August street, priced from 10,000 – 30,000 VND and open from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Hainan pancakes at 409 Hai Ba Trung, is open all day for only 10,000 – 30,000 VND
- Ms. Anh’s pancakes on Thoai Ngoc Hau street cost from 20,000 to 50,000 VND and are open from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm
2.8. Banh Beo
Another famous snack dish in Hoi An dishes is Banh Beo. Banh Beo is a rustic and simple dish with a special feature in that the filling is made from shrimp and meat and then eaten with Ram. The cake dough is thickened, sticky, and white in color, creating a beautiful dish with a unique taste.
To enjoy Hoi An standard Banh Beo, you can go to one of the following restaurants:
- Ba Bay Beo cake at 2 Nguyen Thai Hoc costs 3,000 VND/cup and is usually open from afternoon to evening.
- Banh Beo 17 at 17 Dinh Tien Hoang is priced at 10,000 – 15,000 VND and is open all day from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Lan’s Beo cake on Phan Dinh Phung street is only open in the morning until noon, priced from 10,000 – 15,000 VND/person.
2.9. Hoi An Sweet Soup
When traveling to Hoi An ancient town, you must definitely enjoy a bowl of Hoi An Sweet Soup before returning. Hoi An Sweet Soup has a natural but very simple taste and is sold a lot by street vendors or small sidewalk shops in the old town. There are many types of Sweet Soups such as beans Sweet Soup, mixed Sweet Soup, and green bean sweet gruel,…
Some delicious tea shops you can refer to:
- Ba Muoi Sweet Soup at No. 4 Hoang Dieu, priced from 8,000 – 15,000 VND and open from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm.
- Co Sau mixed Sweet Soup at 18 Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, costs 8,000 – 10,000 VND and is open from 8:00 am to 09:00 pm.
- Mr. Thieu’s black sesame Sweet Soup is located opposite 118 Nguyen Truong To Street, priced from 5,000 – 8,000 VND, and is open from 7:00 am to 09:00 pm.
Above are 9 typical dishes of Hoi An cuisine that you must try when traveling to Hoi An.