What to play in Hoi An? Where should go, where, and what to eat when going to Hoi An self-sufficient? Let Lemonbasilcookery tell you about super fun, super useful, and economical Hoi An travel experiences.
It is no exaggeration to compare Hoi An as an attractive ancient gem when it comes to the tourist map of Central Vietnam. Many teams also think that Hoi An is an accompanying destination not to be missed in the journey to visit big cities such as Da Nang, Hue, Nha Trang,…
It is not a new name for tourists from all over the world, which has made a special attraction for this hundred-year-old port town. Let’s experience Lemonbasilcookery through the screen and collect cool tricks and experiences.
Where is Hoi An?
Only 30km from Da Nang, Hoi An is located north of the lower Thu Bon River. This place used to be a busy port, an important trade milestone between Vietnamese and international traders.
The flourishing period of Hoi An began in the sixteenth century and lasted until the nineteenth century. Visitors can recognize many vestiges of a golden age left in temples, traditional craft villages, or ancient houses.
In 2019, Hoi An is honored to take first place in the list of “The Most Charming Cities in the World” voted by the famous Travel + Leisure magazine. Besides Da Nang, Hoi An is also quite close – Hue is about 126km. You should consider arranging your Hoi An travel schedule accordingly.
Hoi An Travel Experience From Da Nang
There are many means of transportation to go to Hoi An from Da Nang, but the most popular are motorbikes, private cars, buses, and taxis.
1. Going to Hoi An by motorbike
The way to Hoi An from Da Nang is quite convenient, it can be said that a motorbike is the most reasonable and economical means of transportation. You can rent motorbikes right at your hotel. Rental prices range from 100,000 VND / day to 180,000 VND / day depending on the type of vehicle.
- Route 1: Run south of National Highway 1 about 27km to Vinh Dien Street, turn left to go another 10km, and then follow Huynh Thuc Khang Street to Hoi An.
- Route 2: Crossing the Han River Bridge in the center of Da Nang city, you go to the provincial road Da Nang – Hoi An and then run about 30km more.
2. Going to Hoi An by private car
If moving from a group of 3-4 people or more, renting a private car from Da Nang to Hoi An is the most comfortable and economical means of transportation (per capita cost can be even cheaper than renting a motorbike)…
The price of renting a modern and comfortable four-seater car is only about 350,000 VND/way. There is also a selection of seven-seater and sixteen-seat cars at discounted prices. The more you go, the more benefits.
3. Go to Hoi An by taxi
From Da Nang, visitors can travel to Hoi An by taxi with a fare of 18,000 VND/km. Some reputable taxi companies in Da Nang that you should prioritize are Mai Linh, Song Han, and Huong Lua ….
4. Go to Hoi An by bus
Every 20 minutes, there will be a bus to Hoi An from Da Nang. Travel time is about 30 minutes. Buses only operate from 5:30 to 17:30, so if you want to visit Hoi An at night, you should choose to go by motorbike or private car.
This means of transportation is not only economical but also helps you to “zoom up close” into the lives of locals when traveling to Hoi An on their own.
The journey Da Nang <=> Hoi An bus will go through the following stations:
- Danang Central Bus Station
- Ton Duc Thang
- Dien Bien Phu
- Le Duan
- Tran Phu
- The Queen’s Show
- Thanh Mountain
- Nguyen Van Troi Bridge
- Le Van Hien
- Hoi An bus station
(*) Depending on the station, the bus fare for Da Nang <=> Hoi An will range from 18,000 VND/way to 30,000 VND/way. Very “soft” price for those who want to experience local life.
Recommend Nice Hotels and Resorts Near Hoi An Ancient Town
When traveling to Hoi An on their own, tourists often choose to visit Hoi An ancient town during the day and then return to neighboring big cities (Da Nang, Hue) to rest. In fact, you should stay in Hoi An for a night to enjoy the vibrant pace of life when the street lights up. This place gathers many beautiful resorts, hotels, villas, and motels at affordable prices. Check out some beautiful Hoi An hotels below:
- Le Belhamy Beach Resort & Spa, Hoi An: located right on Ha My beach, so the view is extremely poetic
- Lasenta Boutique Hotel Hoian: located in the middle of a vast green field, the hotel is built according to luxurious Western European architecture. Especially, there is a free shuttle service to Hoi An Ancient Town.
- Volar Hoi An: Comfortable homestay, friendly staff
- Daisy Garden Villa Hoi An: Extremely “lemongrass” villa, with a swimming pool and only 1.3km from the Assembly Hall of Chaozhou Chinese Congregation
- Tropical Home Villa: The villa is designed in a green botanica style, quite close to the famous tourist attractions of Hoi An.
- The Linh: This homestay welcomes tourists from Hoi An since 2018 so it is new and comfortable, but the interior is not very special. In return, the breakfast here must be said to be “extreme” full of delicious Central specialties
- CoCo Riverside: The homestay is located right next to the very romantic riverside, with an outdoor BBQ area suitable for people traveling to Hoi An with a group of friends and family.